Welcome to the HUPO Proteomics Knowledge Resource. This library will allow for continued access to the sessions that took place at HUPO Annual Congress.
Please note, this platform is separate from the one that was used for the online conference, and will require you to login with your HUPO membership email and password. You can update your password through the password reset function or after you have logged in.
Welcome to the CINP Webinar Series
Please contact [support email] if you require assistance with your account.
ICS is a conference and association management company. We are contracted by associations to provide secretariat support for associations and full planning of internationally based conferences.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you of the types of personal data International Conference Services Ltd. or ICS subsidiaries (ICS) collects, uses, stores or transfers and why.
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email, title, phone number, profession.
What information does ICS collect and why?
ICS collects personal information necessary for the management of associations, conferences and events.
The most common types of information that we collect include; names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, profession, qualifications, survey responses, dietary requirements, photos, credit card information, tax information, copies of Passport or ID, quotes, etc.
The information is used to process your registration, take payment, manage your flights and/or accommodation, manage flight bookings, organize meals with the appropriate supplies of food for various dietary requirements, communicate with you about other ancillary events, gain feedback, provide reports to the conference host and to inform you of future conferences.
Legal basis for processing any personal data to meet ICS' contractual obligations:
- To facilitate and process transactions that take place on our websites, such as when you register for a conference;
- To process your membership and give you access to your membership entitlements.
- To meet the legitimate interests of you and our third parties;
- To invite you to a conference hosted by an association which you have expressed interest in;
- To ensure you are not omitted from receiving information about specialist events.
When you give us consent:
- Publishing your name in the delegate list on the website and in the program book;
- Sharing your personal information with exhibitor and sponsors of the conference.
- For the purpose which may be required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How does ICS collect personal information?
ICS collects personal information directly when you provide it to us.
ICS collects personal information when you provide it to us when you register for an event, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, visit our websites, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
What information is collected from third parties?
Conference host organizations may share membership lists and previous congress delegate lists with ICS to allow ICS to inform you of the upcoming conferences.
Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
We may disclose personal data to the following parties:
- ICS Group companies;
- Host organizations;
- Contractors - who support ICS in our provision of services;
- Payment processors - to allow payment to be made;
- Hotels and Travel agencies - to book your accommodation and/or flights;
- Abstract handling specialists – to manage the abstract submission and review process;
- Marketing software – to provide you with information about the conference and association;
- Exhibitors and sponsors – to whom you specifically consent to share your data with.
We do not share your information between clients. For example, if you sign up for a conference hosted by one association, we would not share your information with other clients organizing other conferences, even if the subject matter was similar.
Where do we transfer and store your personal information?
ICS has offices in Canada, the United States, Austria, and the United Kingdom and so your data will be processed in these countries. We may disclose your information to recipients outside of where we have offices such as to the country where the conference takes place, or where our contractors reside such as Spain, France or Australia. We are careful to work with third parties who maintain appropriate standards of data security compliance.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and sometimes hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in Canada, US and the UK. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by access controls, such as username and passwords, access granted to only those with a need to know and encryption where possible.
What are your Marketing options?
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists, registered for one of our conferences, or have indicated that you are interested in receiving information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about events that you have previously expressed an interest in. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
What are Cookies?
For more information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
As you browse our website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner then enables us to present you with advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with https://cinp.org/. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number, nor do we share this information directly with them. You can visit this page to opt out of future targeted advertising.
If you’re logged into your account, some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites;
- and the operating system which your computer uses.
Occasionally, we will use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our websites. For example, if you visit our websites, you may later see an ad for our events when you visit a different Site.
What if you have previously shared information with others?
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to ICS processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by selecting “unsubscribe” to any emails that you receive from us, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does ICS keep your data?
ICS will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you, and to comply with our legal obligations. We retain your information generally until the next cycle of the conference, so that we are able to inform you of its occurrence. If you no longer want to hear from us you can use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of any marketing email. You may also request a listing of personal data held or for that data to be edited, or erased by emailing ICS’ privacy officer at the contact details below.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst ICS is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- If ICS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
ICS at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed. To access what personal data is held, identification will be required. ICS will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driver’s license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If ICS is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to email@example.com.
In the unlikely event that the Congress is cancelled, travel and accommodation costs will not be refunded.
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by ICS or its partners, you have the right to complain to ICS’ Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.